There’s a whole branch of dentistry made for giving you the smile you’ve always wanted. Cosmetic dentistry provides numerous options for treatment with the goal of improving the appearance of your smile. Often there are oral health benefits as well, but the primary purpose is making cosmetic improvements to your smile.
Cosmetic dentists complete training in specialized procedures that some dental practices may not offer. If you’re looking for ways to enhance your look, seek help from a reputable and qualified cosmetic dentist to assist you in achieving your goals. It’s a matter of communicating what you dislike about your smile, undergoing an examination so that the dentist can make recommendations, and then deciding your treatment plan together. Some patients choose only a single procedure, and others pursue several in order to get their final beautiful smile.
What are some common cosmetic dental procedures?
- Veneers – thin layers of porcelain are bonded to the fronts of teeth to hide many kinds of flaws, like chips, cracks, discolorations, gaps and more. Veneers provide a durable way to instantly improve smiles.
- Implants – a titanium rod is surgically placed into the jaw bone to create a new root for a missing tooth. After healing, an artificial tooth is secured on top to finalize the restoration. Implants provide a secure, natural looking, and permanent alternative to dentures.
- Teeth whitening – stains and discolorations are removed in only an hour’s time through professional whitening methods. Dramatic improvements can be made to smiles without the hassles and waiting of at-home whitening methods.
- Crowns and bridges – teeth that have decayed or weakened from root canal treatment may ultimately fall out. Strengthening of a tooth can be achieved through a crown, which covers the entire tooth to protect it from cracks and possible cavities. A bridge replaces more than one missing tooth to fully restore a smile.
- Invisalign – crooked teeth can be improved using Invisalign clear plastic aligners. This series of removable trays gently moves teeth into better alignment without the embarrassing process of traditional braces.
No matter what is making you unhappy with the appearance of your smile, it’s worth your time to schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist. Chances are that you’ll be on your way to a brand new smile!
Schedule your appointment at our McDonough dental office