As medicine and technology has advanced through the years, so have the offerings provided in the field of dentistry. Now there are numerous specializations that focus on a variety of oral health needs. One of these branches is called cosmetic dentistry, whose primary goal is to improve a patient’s appearance by making adjustments to the smile.
Cosmetic dentistry has become more and more popular as people realize the dramatic improvements that may be achieved through cosmetic dental procedures. Patients can choose to go to a cosmetic dental practice, or even will find that many general dentists offer some of the treatments in their practices. If you desire to pursue cosmetic dental procedures, make sure that you select a dental professional who is trained and experienced in providing this work.
There are many treatments available for improving your smile through cosmetic dentistry. Here are some of the most popular:
- Bonding corrects teeth that have been broken, stained, chipped or cracked by applying a composite resin material to the affected area of the tooth’s surface. It is then molded into the desired shape, treated with ultraviolet light, and polished for an appealing finish.
- Crowns, also known as caps, are secured over a damaged tooth to restore its strength, appearance, shape and size. They are most often made from resin or ceramic, and serve to extend the life of the tooth.
- Veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to the fronts of teeth to cover flaws like discoloration, gaps, chips, misalignment and more. This permanent restoration can instantly transform your smile.
- Bridges, or fixed partial dentures, are used to replace missing teeth by bridging the gap between existing teeth.
- Braces come in a variety of types to correct crooked, overcrowded teeth or repair misaligned jaws or bites. Many adults are opting to correct their smiles with Invisalign, which are clear plastic aligners that gradually move teeth while hardly impacting the patient due to the hassle-free design and attributes.
If you need a dentist in McDonough, contact us today